VISA AND VISA TYPES
Visa is a pre-entry authority issued to a non-citizen passport holder from non-visa exempted countries that authorizes the passport holder, to travel from his/her country or any destination country outside of Fiji to Fiji’s borders.
A visa does not give automatic entry rights into Fiji for the holder.
All Visa applications are considered on merit and on a case by case basis. Visa may be granted to a non-citizen if for visiting friends/families, for holiday, business purposes, transit purposes or for joining a vessel as crew or passenger. Visa may also be granted to a representative of a foreign government and his/her relative.
1. Single Entry Visa (SEV)
This visa is valid for a single journey to Fiji only for the period of 3 months from the date of issue and the visit not to exceed 4 months stay.
2. Multiple Entry Visa (MEV)
This visa is valid for multiple journeys to Fiji for the period of 12 months from the date of issue and visit not to exceed 4 months on each visit.
Visa Application Requirements
- Correct and Fully completed official Fiji Visa Application Form [The applicant must clearly state the reason for visiting and duration of time spends]
- A valid passport that does not expire within 6 months from the date of arrival into Fiji
- Two  recent colored passport size photographs [one (1) photo to be certified]
- Original passport (Scanned Copy)
- Proof of funds to sustain duration of stay. e.g Bank statements and or for visa cards – recent bank statements for past 3 months.
- Confirmation of pre-booked hotel accommodation
- A copy of the travel itinerary/ticket
- Sponsor letter [ if a Fiji citizen or local company/organization is sponsoring to indicate the undertaking of the person for the duration of his period]
- Proof of approved visa and onward ticket [if applicant is traveling to the next country of destination after Fiji]
- Pre-requisite non-refundable Visa Application Fees:
Single Entry Visa: Rp 600.000.00 (Six Hundred Thousand Rupiah)
Multiple Entry Visa: Rp 1.200.000.00 (One Million Two Hundred Thousand Rupiah)
Please contact the following for Visa Application Fees,Payments and Bank Details.
Name: Mr Hansel Whippy
Mobile: +62 819 0895 0558
Once a visa application is lodged at the Fiji Embassy, we assess your documents to ensure all items required are in order. We then scan/fax these to our Desk Officer at the Immigration Department in Suva for processing and approval.
It takes 14 working days to process visa applications from the date of receipt by the Visa Officer in Suva. The delay in processing may occur due to incomplete information, a need for further clarification, or verification of submitted documents.
Notification of Visa Approval or Refusal
- The Visas are endorsed on the passport with the approval of the visa, validity of the visa and duration of the stay in Fiji.
- The visa application which is unsuccessful, the applicant is notified in writing of the refusal of visa application with justified reasons for refusal.
Embassy of the Republic of Fiji
Sona Topas Tower Floor 5A
Jl. Jend. Sudirman No.26,
Jakarta Selatan 12920,
List of visa exempted countries
Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Cook Islands [NZ passport holder] Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Commonwealth Dominica, Estonia, The federal Republic of Germany, The federated States of Micronesia, Finland, France, The Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guyana, Holy See (Vatican), Hong Kong [SAR] Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lesotho, Luxemburg, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Nauru, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Serbia, Slovak Republic, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & The Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Zambia and Zimbabwe
A National or citizen of a country not listed above who holds an outward ticket for travel from the Fiji Islands to a destination in another country for which he or she holds a visa and will continue his or her journey from a port or an airport of disembarkation in the Fiji Islands to such destination on a ship or an aircraft that is scheduled to depart the Fiji Islands within 3 hours after the time of disembarkation.
Nationals of other countries not included in the list of exempted countries require pre-arranged visas, which can be applied for at the nearest Fiji Embassy or High Commission closer to their country of residence. Visas may be extended on application to the Department of Immigration in Suva, Lautoka or Nadi.
Requirements for Applicants from Exempted Countries
- A valid passport that does not expire within 6 months from the date of departure from Fiji
- Return air tickets showing the date of departure from Fiji or the country of your next visit
- Proof that you have enough funds for your travel to Fiji in the form of a bank statement (translated in English)